I didn't follow any of Tilly's directions and the dress still went together very smoothly; which is saying a lot because I was up until 2 a.m. sewing. I ended up having to do surgery on the dress in the morning to get the perfect fit because I had to go to sleep before I could get the top portion small enough. I made a size 4 but ended up on my second Francoise doing a 2 on top and 4 on the bottom. The surgery that I had to do was to cut the entire dress down the middle and make it smaller just on the top. It still looks great and I was able to get the right fit that I needed. The second time I was able to get a perfect fit the first try because I knew that I needed to cut the top part of the pattern smaller.
I almost finished Francoise number 2 and have the fabric ready for number 3. I am trying one that is collarless with knit sleeves and a heavier fabric for my Christmas dress. I am putting on some darling cat pockets for charm.
|kitty cat pockets!! Meow!|
Olivia the poodle was taking a nap while the sewing was going on. She loves when I sit in one place for a long time so she can catch some ZZZZs.
I would already be finished with Francoise #2 but my Sandee Royalty shop on Etsy is super busy and I am sewing skirts for everyone to wear to their holiday parties. I am going to be finished working on the 16th so then I will be able to concentrate on my own sewing projects. I am so excited!
Never miss a chance to be charming!